Spring is getting closer and we’re sure we’re all looking forward to it. As you go about making your to-do list to prep for spring cleaning, don’t forget to add some quick plumbing maintenance tasks to it. Here are some helpful tips to make sure your business is ready for the upcoming season.
- Make sure you pay special attention to your wet areas including your kitchen, bathroom, and laundry room. You want to be sure that no leaks or other problems came up over winter.
- Clear out debris from your gutters, downspouts, and drains so they’re ready or spring rainfall.
- While you’re at it, also look out for bird nests, leaves, or sticks that may be clogging up your vents or pipes.
- A very important task is to make sure your sump pump is in good shape. To test it out, pour a couple of buckets of water into your sump pit to make sure it turns on and off when it’s supposed. This will keep your plumbing system safe.
Also be sure to:
- Prevent water supply valves under your sinks from sticking by turning them on and off a few times.
- Unclog your drains lacking strainers to make sure they don’t have any soap, hair, or other debris blocking them.
- Remove built-up mineral deposits from your showerheads. To do so, soak your showerhead in vinegar overnight. Then use an old toothbrush to scrub away any leftover residue.
- Remove corrosion-causing sediment by draining a few gallons from your water heater tank. Visit the water heater manufacturer’s site for instructions specific to your make and model.
- If you don’t already have one, install a flood alarm to warn you in the event that you have flooding. It will sound off when it comes in contact with the water.
If you have any questions about how t get started on our spring plumbing tips or are in need of any assistance with the tasks listed, don’t hesitate to contact Action Plumbing today.